- Polyphonic Pitch Shifting Modulator - From a Major 3rd up to a Perfect 4th below
- Can create thick doubling, lush chorus, oil-can delays and wild polyphonic harmonies
- New recalibrated Magic control - Wider range of available sounds
- New V2 flexi-switch - allows for latching and momentary switching
- True bypass - Silent soft-touch switching
- Top-mounted jacks - for effortless pedalboard implementation
- Handmade in Akron, Ohio
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 92 x 117 x 57mm
- Power Consumption: 60mA
WHAT EARTHQUAKER SAY ABOUT RAINBOW MACHINE
Soundwaves Over The Rainbow
- Welcome to the Rainbow Machine, in all its synthetic glory! This one is for experimenters, adventurists, and noisemakers. Totally not for purists and/or tone hounds. There are no natural sounds that come from this box. It takes modern DSP and uses it as a tool of future past to create real-time pitch shifting using digital oscillators.
- The Rainbow Machine V2 has been completely re-imagineered from the pixie dust-covered ground up to be more versatile, twice as loud as the original, with an extended delay time, deeper chorus tones, silent flexiswitch footswitches on both the Activate and Magic functions, and best of all, has more Magic!
- The Rainbow Machine is built around a DSP pitch warping engine that’s designed to be slightly imperfect; colored with digital remnants of the cosmic dust we’ve picked up across the multiverse. That is to say it’s a cold digital beast made to pretend it has feelings.
- The Pitch control adjusts the frequency of the polyphonic pitch-warped harmony from a fourth below your input, to a third above, and every atonal pitch in-between. Noon is the unison position. Use the Primary function control to adjust the volume of the polyphonic harmony. You may add in an accompanying octave or thicken the modulation by bringing up the Secondary function control. The Tracking control adjusts the lag time between the wet and dry signals, and the Tone control rolls off some treble for a darker, vintage sound. Clockwise is bright, counterclockwise is dark.
- With the Rainbow Machine engaged, hold down the Magic footswitch, get weird, and then let go to return to your boring old Magic-less guitar tone. Or, press the switch like normal, and the Magic remains engaged until you press the switch again. Ditto for the Activate switch. Press and hold to use the Rainbow Machine as a momentary effect, then let go to bypass; or feel free to press the switch like normal and use the Rainbow Machine like you would any other effects pedal.
- Each and every Rainbow Machine V2 is harvested by hand in the (pixie) dusty Rainbonium mines of sunshiny Akron, Ohio, USA.